
Dried mud flats, sun-warmed, have a delicious touch, cushioned and smooth, so has long grass at morning, hot in the sun, but still cool and wet when the foot sinks into it, like food melting to a new flavour in the mouth.
Nan Shepherd, Scottish Writer
During my Reiki weekend, when I was in the process of having my third attunement, something came to me that had been eluding me for some time - the name of the website that I am going to set up. It will be by women, for women, a community of people who love writing, who want s creative space but have managed to push this desire and need to the back of the mind in their busy lives. I can't wait to launch it (though it will be some time yet till I'm ready to do this.)
Arguably, it is my insomnia that has spawned this website. If I didn't have insomnia, I wouldn't be going to have Reiki treatment. A large part of Reiki is all about self-discovery and becoming whole. And how can we be whole without throwing our dreams and deepest desires out to the universe? If I wasn't having Reiki treatment, I wouldn't have taken the decision to be attuned myself to this ancient healing wisdom, and then perhaps this name wouldn't have come to me. What's in a name? A great deal.
Women's Writing Wheel.
0 comments:
Post a Comment